25 master programs in Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance, Quantitative Finance were surveyed from August to September 2013 on admission, placement, and career services information. 25 of the 25 programs responded, of which 24 programs (96%) provided the data needed to calculate the rankings based on a weighted average of the categories described below.
Employer Survey Score (25%)
In September 2013, QuantNet surveyed hiring managers, corporate recruiters and professionals representing a wide range of groups across financial institutions in US, UK and Asia to identify which of the 25 programs in the 2013-14 ranking whose graduates they have interviewed or hired from within the last two years; of those surveyed, 64.6% responded.
Placement Success (50%)
- Employment Rate at Graduation (10%) This is the employment rate for the latest graduate cohort at their graduation.
- Employment Rate Three Months after Graduation (15%) This is the employment rate for the latest graduate cohort 3-moth after their graduation.
- Starting Salary (20%) The average starting salaries (exclude bonuses) of the most recent graduate cohort.
- Students/Administrator Ratio (5%) The Class Size was divided by the number of administrators working on students placement.
Student selectivity (25%)
- GRE Scores (12.5%) This is the average ETS GRE quantitative scores of students accepted in the most recent incoming cohort.
- Undergraduate GPA (7.5%) This is the average undergraduate grade-point average of those most recent incoming cohort of the program.
- Acceptance Rate (5%) This is the percent of applicants to the program who were accepted.
A score for each program is accumulated from the points in each category multiplied by the category's assigned weighted average. The final scores were rounded to the nearest integer. A tie is determined if any two or more programs have the same final score and tied programs are listed alphabetically.For programs that do not provide statistics, their most recent published data was used.