30 master programs in Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance, Quantitative Finance were surveyed from July to September 2016 on admission, placement, and career services information. 29 of the 30 programs responded and 28 provided the data needed to calculate the rankings based on a weighted average of the categories described below.
Peer Assessment Score (20%)
Each program was asked to rate the 30 programs in the 2017 QuantNet MFE Programs Rankings from 1 (marginal) to 5 (exceptional).
Placement Success (55%)
- Employment Rate at Graduation (10%) This is the employment rate for the latest graduate cohort at their graduation.
- Employment Rate Three Months after Graduation (15%) This is the employment rate for the latest graduate cohort 3-month after their graduation.
- Starting Salary (20%) The average starting salaries (exclude bonuses) of the most recent graduate cohort.
- Employer Survey Score (10%) Employers were surveyed to identify which of the 30 programs in the 2017 ranking whose graduates they have interviewed or hired from within the last two years.
Student selectivity (25%)
- GRE Scores (15%) This is the average ETS GRE quantitative scores of students accepted in the most recent incoming cohort.
- Undergraduate GPA (7.5%) This is the average undergraduate grade-point average of those most recent incoming cohort of the program.
- Acceptance Rate (2.5%) This is the percent of applicants to the program who were accepted.
A score for each program is accumulated from the points in each category multiplied by the category's assigned weighted average. The final scores were rounded to the nearest integer. A tie is determined if any two or more programs have the same final score and tied programs are listed alphabetically.
Programs that did not provide enough data will be denoted as NR (not ranked).