• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch pre-mfe paper

hi guys,

I m writing the paper for Baruch pre-mfe admission. I do have some trouble over there. Basicly, it asks one page of paper "detailing educational and career goals as well as how does taking seminars in the pre-mfe program align with those goals". I've quite confused about this paper. Is it more like a sop like graduate admission or like ps for undergrad admission or neither? Is there certain format? Can someone enrolled before give me some general advice? Any information is helpful!
Also, there will be an information session on June 26th, I registered just one day after it had been post and being put in the wait list. Should I contact the mfe office to see if there is a still chance?

Thank you

hi guys,

I m writing the paper for Baruch pre-mfe admission. I do have some trouble over there. Basicly, it asks one page of paper "detailing educational and career goals as well as how does taking seminars in the pre-mfe program align with those goals". I've quite confused about this paper. Is it more like a sop like graduate admission or like ps for undergrad admission or neither? Is there certain format? Can someone enrolled before give me some general advice? Any information is helpful!
Also, there will be an information session on June 26th, I registered just one day after it had been post and being put in the wait list. Should I contact the mfe office to see if there is a still chance?

Thank you
You need to write an essay explaining why you wanna take these seminars and how are they gonna help you with your professional goals. You can think of it as a statement of purpose for admission consideration.

By filtering the applicants via this letter, they make sure that:
1) Admitted candidates are going to see value from the seminars
2) Less motivated candidates won't take the place of more motivated candidates -- the seats are limited.
3) People won't waste their time taking these seminars -- if they are unqualified

Last edited:
hi guys,

Thank you

You will receive an email shortly confirming you are registered for the Info Session.

As for the one page statement - you should explain why you would benefit from the Pre-MFE seminars you are applying for, and why now is the right time for you to take them.

Registration for the Pre-MFE seminars will open in early July.

Good luck.

Back