• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

BlackRock Summer Intern Interview

murtuzab

Rutgers, MSMF Grad 2012
Hey all,
This is my first thread here, so hey to all!!!
I have an interview in two days time for BlackRock for the Aladdin Technology Summer Intern position. I have an undergrad in Computer Engg and currently pursuing my Masters in Mathematical Finance. I guess that is what they liked, because the Aladdin Technology Group develops the complex tools which are then incorporated within the Trading Software at BlackRock and its clients for trading as well as Risk Management. For further details check this out:

http://www2.blackrock.com/global/home/Careers/CampusPrograms/JobLinks/UnitedStates/index.htm

I wanted to ask you guys, what sort of questions could I expect to get? Since its the first round, should technical be my biggest concern? I have lost some touch with coding in C++ and MATLAB since its been over two years since I took them up...So what's your take?

Thanks..
I will try and post the questions here later...
Murtuza.

Thanks Andy,
So you think there would be another round or what? Also according to you is there something particular that these HR guys hiring for internships have something predetermined in their mind that they are looking for?

Back