• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Book Suggestion for Interest Rates

Hi, can someone please suggest 1 or 2 good books for learning Interest Rate Derivatives, from Stochastic Differential process for IR curves to pricing exotic derivatives from a post 2008 Crisis standpoint. It will be great if there is something at a beginners - intermediate level.

I have Brigo and Mercurio and it's pretty technical but pretty detailed in explanations.

andersen and piterbarg

but modeling interest rate nowadays involve many innovative ideas, as the market have been breaking plenty old rules recently, e.g. multi-curve, negative interest rate, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions. Are the books suggested very advanced? I am looking for something at a Masters Level and not a PhD level. I am looking for some book which has these new concepts of interest rate modelling.

...to pricing exotic derivatives from a post 2008 Crisis standpoint. It will be great if there is something at a beginners - intermediate level.
Before you start with this very complicated domain, you should have a good command of "classical" (i.e. non-negative and single-curve) interest rate modeling.
That's why I would first recommend you to go thru my tutorial on LIBOR Model:
http://www.yetanotherquant.com/libor/tutorial.pdf?book_suggestion_for_ir_QuantNet
(I have attached feedback on LinkedIn to increase your motivation :))

Attachments

• LIBOR tutorial - Feedback auf LinkedIn.pdf
    164.2 KB · Views: 190
Back