• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Business major vs Business minor + CSE minor

Hi. I was wondering if you guys could give me some opinions regarding double majors.
I am currently triple majoring in Mechanical Eng. Economics. and Business.
I am almost done with the courses for Eng and Econ, so those two won't change.
However, I am starting to think that maybe a Computer science minor would actually make me a better candidate for top MFE schools than a Business Major would.
I was thinking degrading my Business major into a minor and also pursuing a CS minor.
Do you think this would be better? I'll organize my options again.

So. I'm a Mechanical engineer and Econ Major. I want to extend my undergrad education by these options. What do you recommend.
1.Business Major + Just study programming by myself & get Quantnet C++ Certificate
2.Business Minor + Computer Science Minor
3.Computer Science Major ( Not really enthusiastic since I will have to take a lot more courses )
4.Something Else?

I am not considering Math minor/major because 80% of my courses for Econ are pretty much math based and I have already taken CalculusI+II, Engineering mathI+II, ODE, several Stat, Real Analysis, Econometrics and Mathematical Finance. I believe this will suffice. Please correct me if I am wrong.
P.S. Is Numerical Analysis a must?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

You already have econ so no need to get business minor.
CS courses would help your a lot more. Try to take courses, do projects that will get you comfortable with programming, database, stats.
If you successfully complete the C++ certificate, it will provide you with a solid background and open lot of idea on what you want to do next.

Back