• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everybody!

Objective: To reach a required level of C++ and get a wider view about MFE.

Programming experience: C# and C.

Current work: I am a junior student at Jilin university in China. My major is GIS and double major is finance.

Intended pace of program:
As quick as I can.:)

Hi everyone. My name is Devon. Nice to meet everyone.

Objective: Learn C++ to open up new career paths, and also because I enjoy learning.

Programming Exp.: C, VB, C#.Net

Current Work: Manager at Accenture, in their Asset Management Practice

Intended pace: Goal is to complete as soon as realistically possible, so I can move onto the advanced C++ course.

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

Objective: To learn C++ for MFE application and future career choice.

Programming Exp.: VB, Matlab

Current Work: Finance undergraduate

Intended pace: As quick as I can!

Hello, everybody! I'm Louis. I'm glad to meet you all and study together!

Objective: Get a solid foundation of C++ programming for MFE programs.

Programming Exp.: C, MATLAB, and I'm learning R.

Current Work: A senior student from SWUFE, China. Now exchanging to TAMU, US for studying.

Intended pace: Finish the course in time, but it would be better if I could squeeze my schedule into 12 weeks.

Hello, everybody! I am Richard. I am glad to meet all of you.

Objective: Get a solid foundation of C++ programming for MFE programs.

Programming Exp: A little R and Python

Current Work:
I am junior in Hamilton College

Intended pace: I plan to finish the course as soon as possible.

Hi everyone,I'm Zeyu!Glad to see you and hope to learn a lot from you guys!
Objective
: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: a little R
Current Work: graduated in 2016 with a degree in Finance, now applying for MFE programs
Intended Pace: Hopefully before June

Hello everybody!

Objective: To reach a required level of C++ in preparation for the Baruch MFE Program.

Programming experience: Some C++ and some R (basic).

Current work: I am a Senior Analyst at a Leadership consulting firm and was recently granted admission into the MFE Program.

It is my goal to complete the initial C++ certificate before proceeding with the advanced C++ certificate.

Hello everyone! This is Victor. Nice to meet you all.
Objective: Learn cpp to apply for MFE program and to open up a new career path
Programming Exp.: VB, C, Matlab, R
Current Work: Fourth year Econ PhD student, B.A. in Physics
Intended pace: Not too fast, not too slow, hope I can finish it before July.

Hi everybody! I'm Vishal

Objective: I've been wanting to pursue Masters in Financial Engineering since my graduation and I believe that this completing this course is another significant step towards that goal.

Programming Exp.: C++ in my undergraduate courses and a little bit of R in Post-graduation courses

Current Work: Associate - Financial Planning in the Telecommunications Industry in India

Intended pace: I intend to complete this course in 12 Weeks or less.

Hello Everyone! I'm Franklin Hurst.

Objective:
Understand C++ as used in financial engineering as a basis for further study and exploration.

Programming Exp.: C++, Matlab, etc.

Current Work: I'm a manager at an agency of Northwestern Mutual, studying applied and financial math in prep for grad school in math. I am also a CFA charterholder as of 2011.

Intended pace: Fast enough to stay interested and engaged, while taking the time needed to understand the beauty of the subject.

Hello Everyone! I'm Yaping. I am very excited to start this course with you all.

Objective:
To expand my skill set and to acquire the level of C++ needed for Master of Financial Engineering program.

Programming experience: Only some baby Matlab used in ODE class. I have a lot to learn.

Current work: I am triple majoring in Accounting, Finance and Mathematics.

Intended pace of program: Due to taking other summer classes and work, I am going to pace myself accordingly on each section and I will finish it before fall classes start in August.

Hi everyone,

Glad to be able to take this course.

Objective: To learn C++ in hopes of using these skills to obtain a career in the industry
Programming Experience: Messing around a bit with Python and Java, a bit of C++
Current Work: Freshly out of an operations position
Intended Pace: As quickly as I can while fully absorbing the material. Hopefully in the next 30 days.

Hello everyone! My name is HU Fengge, or just simply call me Patrick.

Objective: To lay a solid foundation of C++ and set foot on the field of the omnipotent computer science.

Programming experience: Rich experience in VBA and javascript. A little bit Python, C and C++.

Current work: My goal is to secure a job in algorithmic trading or trading strategist in financial industry. Currently I am still pursuing my bachelor degree in City University of Hong Kong, majoring in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management, with internship experience in HSBC (global trade and receivables finance), KPMG (audit) and BlackRock(quantitative and risk analysis). My next step is a master degree in CMU MSCF program.

As fast as I can. The school requires a completion of the certificate by 1st of July. So I guess I will make it before 15 June, that is 4 weeks from now.

Back