• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Can not open the website very often

Hi, sometimes I could not open the website of quantnet or any website related to it. I don't know if that's because I am located in China or the website itself has a problem to open.
It happens very often and is really annoying. I need to open the website for my C++ certificate everyday.
What should I do?

Have you tried several laptops? ask a friend(s) to check. i.e. forensic check.

IE versus Firefox etc.

QN is fine from here.

Have you tried several laptops? ask a friend(s) to check. i.e. forensic check.

IE versus Firefox etc.

QN is fine from here.

I asked my friends to try their laptops. They cannot open the website when I encountered a problem to open it. I also tried Google Chrome and IE, they don't work.
If QN works fine all the time in places other than China, then maybe it's due to the great firewall of China...
Thank you very much.

@linwang
I would like to get more details on the error. A screenshot and the specific links that you had trouble with, the error messages from the browsers, etc.
We have many visitors from China and I don't hear this issue often so it's hard to narrow down the issue.
Thanks

Hi Andy, the error is like this:
O9$C~7V656D[7WUWF1VMAEN.png it is "Can not show this website" in Chinese. I encountered this open problem now and then since the first day I joined the C++ certificate program. It becomes much more serious these days. For example, I could not open the website yesterday all day long, and when I finally opened the website last night, it lasted for 20 minutes...

I just bought a VPN account and solved this problem. Now I could open the website at any time. QN must have been blocked by the great firewall of China.

Hi Andy,

I have a similar problem. I cannot access QN from my WiFi network. I have to use cellular network data every time I want to open up QN. This has been a problem since a few months now. I accepted it to be a fault of my ISP and didn't bring to notice. It'd be great if you can check if there indeed is a problem from QN's end.

I'm from India.

Cheers!

Mayur

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

I have a simular problem. I cannot access QN from my WiFi network. I have to use cellular network data every time I want to open up QN. This has been the problem since few months now. I accepted it to be a fault of my ISP and didn't bring to your notice. It'd be great if there indeed is a problem from QN's end

I'm from India.

Cheers!

Mayur
Can you send me a private message with the IP address of your home IP? I want to see if it's the same issue.
While you are connecting to QN via home IP, can you open a terminal and ping quantnet.com?

Back