• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career advice

Hi all, I'm a Senior Software Engineer working in Italy.
Every 3 years I make big decisions for my career. I love my job, and I started to learn trading and finance self-studying arguments online with courses almost 3 years ago.
Sometimes I developed scripts and analyses to build a portfolio of ideas that can help me with my trading analysis. The next big decision is to start algotrading and quant finance studies.
I've 26 years with 8 years of work experience related to different IT scenarios(mobile, web, desktop, backend, frontend, cloud) and I need advice to start thinking about how to pass from software engineer to quant developer.
I did not graduate because I left university studies this year(too expensive for a paper that I don't need because in Italy/Europe a degree is not necessary to work).

Waiting for some advices.

Back