• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE GRE

Hello,

Just wanted to ask about a stat.
Do u think someone with 316 on the GRE (155V, 161Q) should submit their score to Columbia MS in financial engineering.

What do you think about it? :)

Hello,

Do u think someone with 316 on the GRE (155V, 161Q) should submit their score to Columbia MS in financial engineering.

Just for Columbia MAFN, GRE Q median is and has been 170 for a few years now, and mean has been increasing from low 169.xx to high 169.xx. In sum, Q169/170 would be a non-differentiator, and rather a quasi-requirement. However, many accounts on QuantNet have secured offers from other notable programs with much lower quant scores. It depends on the other aspects of your profile. Hope this helps!

Hey everyone, I scored a 152 in Verbal and a 169 in Quant on my GRE. Do you think I should submit my GRE score?

Hello,

I did not score high enough on the GRE, so I didn’t submit it as part of my application and still got admitted. just make sure that other parts of your application really stand out.

Congratulations!
Do you mind sharing your profile?
And if there is a difference between priority vs regular rounds? I see that the final results will be known by end march on the school website for both?
I don’t think there is a priority vs regular round. My background is in financial economics research at a central bank. 4.0 undergraduate gpa.

Yes, definitely. I majored in econ but took as many math/stats courses as any other math major

Back