• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE- Interview invites email are out

Hello,

Any one wants to share the type of questions asked?
Any technical questions that would require some prep?

Thanks and good luck!

I just took the interview. 5 questions 2 min for each. You can rerecord each question if you want. Very behavioral. Question like how do like new york city........
Thank you so much! Did the questions cover what you wrote in your Statement of Purpose, Resume?

Haven't received yet:(. Is Columbia still sending out interview emails or it simply means rejection?

Haven't received yet:(. Is Columbia still sending out interview emails or it simply means rejection?
Last 2 years, interview invites came out over at least a 2 week period (based on old forum posts I read). Hang tight.

Do they have this virtual interview in previous years?
Nope, this is first year they use virtual interview. I am guessing there are too many applicants this year and they do not have enough resources to do real interview.

Does anyone have any clue about interviews for the Financial Economics program at Columbia?

why do they even interview if they're going to do it in this format?
I wish they did it on skype live or one on one

I just took the interview, but I was not able to see the remaining time nor stop the recording... Does anybody else have this problem?

I just took the interview, but I was not able to see the remaining time nor stop the recording... Does anybody else have this problem?
I had the worst problem ever. I got an error at the end of my answer. Something like "media could not be uploaded". There is a massive lag between the video and the audio.

I had a similar problem where my recorded responses did not have any audio playback. I have written to the admission committee regarding the same. You should do so as well. I hope they give us another chance.

Mine was a bigger screw up. I wasn't able to answer the first question due to some mysterious technical issue with my laptop or the website.
Admissions office is not replying to my mail (explaining my plight) :(

Does anyone have any idea about how many round of interviews do they have ? and what is the rough timeline ?

Does anyone have any idea about how many round of interviews do they have ? and what is the rough timeline ?
From last few years of forum posts, looks like invites went out over a two week period. That gives us to the end of next week - maybe end of Feb to freak out.

Back