• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE- Interview invites email are out

Here are some questions I know.

Why Columbia?
Programming experience?
What asset and market do you follow?
What integrity mean to you?
Question?

What do you think of New York City?
What does Financial Engineering mean to you?
We are very proud of our curriculum; what courses/topics are you excited about?
How to you know when some one has integrity?
Do you have any questions about our team?

Would anyone know if there are more interviews for columbia mfe this year ? or the automated interview was the only one ?

Would anyone know if there are more interviews for columbia mfe this year ? or the automated interview was the only one ?
theres only 1 round of interview(the virtual one) no more skype or anything...
You can call the admission office to ask if they are still sending out the "interview stream" interviews.

theres only 1 round of interview(the virtual one) no more skype or anything...
You can call the admission office to ask if they are still sending out the "interview stream" interviews.
Is this the answer from the admission office?

No clue
but they said decisions will be released starting the end of this week (earliest) through march probably..
I just received an email saying my application is marked "review"... This is so weird, I have already received an email saying my application marked under review a month ago... Does this mean I will not be the first batch of receiving the decisions?... Has anyone received similar email?...

I just received an email saying my application is marked "review"... This is so weird, I have already received an email saying my application marked under review a month ago... Does this mean I will not be the first batch of receiving the decisions?... Has anyone received similar email?...
Me too received a similar mail. I see prospects getting dimmed.

Hi everyone, had the interview (it went so-so) and got the same email twice. I am wondering if everyone got this email or if it was a handful of applicants.

Hi everyone, had the interview (it went so-so) and got the same email twice. I am wondering if everyone got this email or if it was a handful of applicants.
I am replying to my own comment to note that it has been exactly 30 days since I received the first email meaning that it might be an auto-generated message for an application under review.

same here. Does this mean my application get redirected to MSOR? I didn't get interview

I got the "marked for review"email just now, but its the first reminder I received from Columbia.
I did submit the application very late though.

Back