• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE- Interview invites email are out

I got this mail for the second time too. I think they just sent out the email to all the applicants ! ;-) Let's cheer up!

Any news anyone?

Also, does anyone know if it is feasible to ask for an early decision and if this is likely to affect your chances negatively? I have a deadline looming.

Any news anyone?

Also, does anyone know if it is feasible to ask for an early decision and if this is likely to affect your chances negatively? I have a deadline looming.

Same issue. I emailed both seasgradmit and ieor department to request an early decision, seasgradmit replied "we cannot provide an exact date for your decision nor expedite the process." and ieor does not response...

For those of you having experienced technical difficulties with InterviewStream, did you ever get an invite for a Skype interview? I got one and called the admit office, and they said it was meant for those who they believe when reviewing the upload had trouble with the app.

For those of you having experienced technical difficulties with InterviewStream, did you ever get an invite for a Skype interview? I got one and called the admit office, and they said it was meant for those who they believe when reviewing the upload had trouble with the app.
I had some difficulties in reviewing my recordings so I emailed the IEOR team. They then confirmed with me that my recordings have been uploaded successfully. I did not get the skype interview. So you mean the skype interview is just a replacement for the InterviewStream one instead of a 'second round' interview?

Any news anyone?

I had same issue last cycle with MFE but the other program I was accepted to extended my deadline twice. Email your other deadline and ask for an extension.

I had some difficulties in reviewing my recordings so I emailed the IEOR team. They then confirmed with me that my recordings have been uploaded successfully. I did not get the skype interview. So you mean the skype interview is just a replacement for the InterviewStream one instead of a 'second round' interview?
Based on what the IEOR staff explained to me, it's not 2nd round for sure. They told me that one of the clips was missing from my submission and so they arranged somebody to re-interview over Skype. I think your case is different because at least your submission was complete, no need for another interview.

Based on what the IEOR staff explained to me, it's not 2nd round for sure. They told me that one of the clips was missing from my submission and so they arranged somebody to re-interview over Skype. I think your case is different because at least your submission was complete, no need for another interview.
Thanks! Good luck for your interview!

It looks like we can expect to wait a little longer (from their faq):

When will I know the decision?
The M.S. programs (Financial Engineering, Management Science & Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research) applicants for the Fall semester will be notified of their admissions decision or contacted for more information mid-March to late-April.

Does anyone know if they will be conducting a second round of interviews?

Back