• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Conversion year for MFE

I would like to know if there are, in the US, conversions year for MFE/MF (by distance learning)? Like at the one at the Uni of York in UK for example;
http://maths.york.ac.uk/www/MscfinMscmathfin_ConvYear

NB: I mean a conversion year (that refresh as well advanced A-level Maths) and not a pre course as the one of Baruch, UCB or Chicago. I think that a bunch of people (especially those with a business/finance/Eco background) would be interested by such a programme.

Thanks for your contribution.
Del

It seems like something unique to UK institutions. I haven't heard of such a thing.
In the US, people with business/eco BS degree would usually fill their requirements for MFE programs by taking on yet another bachelor or master degree in math/CS/etc. If they discover MFE early enough, they can do a double major.
Whether it's a good way to prep for MFE admission is subject for another debate.

You can take piecemeal courses or an entirely degree online from some of the US universities but I don't think that's what you are after.

Back