• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Did anyone get BU scholarship?

A very peculiar thing happened with me. When BU sent me an email extending an offer of admission, they wrote this

The admission committee was able to meet to finalize our decision on your application, and I'm happy to share some good news with you. We are pleased to extend an offer of admission to you for our Master of Science in Mathematical Finance beginning in August 2012. In recognition of your outstanding achievements and potential for success in this program, the Admission Committee is pleased to offer you a $12,000 toward tuition for the program ($4,000 per semester). Congratulations!

Later they tried to recall this mail which they couldn't. And then I received another email apologizing that I did get an admission offer but not the scholarship :(.

Since then I have been wondering if anyone else received the scholarship or are they just trying to hold on the scholarship info until you accept the offer :confused:

hmmmm i havent got a response for the extension yet. but this seems interesting.

Since then I have been wondering if anyone else received the scholarship or are they just trying to hold on the scholarship info until you accept the offer :confused:

Scholarships are an incentive to enroll. The school would not withhold an award hoping that you accept their offer first. It looks like you got Vassar'd (TM).

i got the scholarship through email first then a letter with my acceptance package

Hey, did you get a response from BU about the extension request?
i called them and they told me to email the lady interviewed me. But i haven't got anything back from her since last week.
how about you?

hmm..I sent an email only today to Elizabeth C Burt. Lets see if I get a reply.

hi the same thing happened to me
then the mail was recalled

hi the same thing happened to me
then the mail was recalled
Oh ok.. now this doesn't look like a one off mistake..i wonder what made them change n recall after just 5 mins .. seems quite unprofessional :notworthy:

I think I called Elizabeth C Burt and they asked me to emailed my interviewer. Let me know if you get replied. Thank you :)
I didn't remember who my interviewer was :oops:.. Anyways will post here if I hear from them.. n wud expect you to do the same:) .. 2 weeks is all we have

I didn't remember who my interviewer was :oops:.. Anyways will post here if I hear from them.. n wud expect you to do the same:) .. 2 weeks is all we have
Sure. i will keep you updated. i wonder if i should ask them again if my interviewer does not response.

Back