• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

ETH UZH master in quantitative finance

Hello..I'm very interested in this program from Zurich. Has anyone heard anything regarding placement rate ? I.e is it difficult to get accepted ?

Thanks for the reply, Andy. I'm actually an American citizen. I would like to comeback and work in the US if I get admitted and complete the program. I applied a couple days before the deadline and don't have a GMAT so my prospects don't seem too bright. Have you heard anything about the acceptance rate? Do you possibly have any contacts I could get in touch with ?

ETH-Z is very selective in its application process. This is mainly due to the nature of the course, imo ETH-Z masters are some of the most demanding in Europe inc oxbridge, imperial and the expectations on students are very high, that of ETH-Z undergrads who are incredibly strong for anyone who has ever worked with them. Couple this with the quantitative finance (most popular course in the Milky Way) factor, I would say challenging.

Finding a position after, London/EU, no problem. Most persons in your recruitment process for quant buy/sell side will be well aware of ETH-Z, and if you passed the MSc you will certainly be very strong. US, unclear.

Back