• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Financial Engineering in Toronto

Hey everyone

After this summer I will be going into my second year of one of the top 3 programs on the quantnet rankings. Currently I am interning at a proprietary trading company in the US. After graduating I hope to move into some sort of trading or quant analyst role in Toronto. Location is a must as this is where I from and where I want to go back to after graduating.

My question is does anyone have any insight on the financial engineering scene in Toronto? I really can't find any postings for relevant jobs even from the big banks. Does anyone know of companies that I should be targeting?

Thanks in advance for your advice and input.

the specialized ones are usually on Bloomberg, or you can try the usual like Hays.

Banking in Toronto is really small. Although I am not sure about Quant roles, I know that they only hire 20 Investment bankers (transactions/M&A etc) per year across all banks.

Why don't you want to work in the US? There are a lot more opportunities there.

He said he was from Toronto. Many people, including myself, like to stay close to home.

In this case, how is the MMF valued compared to a top 3 program since the former is specifically catered to the market in Toronto?

In this case, how is the MMF valued compared to a top 3 program since the former is specifically catered to the market in Toronto?

I am starting the MMF program at U of T in a few weeks. Before I decided to accept Toronto, I made a few cold calls about the value of MMF in comparison to other programs. I mostly asked about the value of Waterloo vs. Toronto.

In regards to your question though, I was told by the recruiters at RBC (in Toronto of course) that MMF is very highly regarded in comparison to other programs.

Speaking of the MMF program, they have a sponsors list which looks pretty solid:

mmf ★

Could start by contacting companies you fancy here?

Back