• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Financing MFE + PayBack time

Hello,

I want to know how UCB MFE people finance their MFE and what is typical payback period (considering average salary after graduation) for loans. And also, is there any chance of receiving financial aid of any sorts for people from India.

Any help/comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Ankit

It's different for us international (poor) students. We either pay the full sticker price (and have to show proof of having that amount to obtain a visa) or get an international student loan, for which you have to find a U.S. cosigner. In the current situation it's incredibly difficult to find someone willing to take that risk. It will depend on whether you have family members there who are well-off.

i'm trying my best to get funding from my government and i do not have to repay anything. if that fails, i will most probably borrow money from an international bank and pay the hefty LIBOR-plus interest (and principal) over x years.

Back