• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

FX companies that actually give you the currency you buy.

I have been having a bit of a dilemma. I'm wanting to know if there is a bank or brokerage who offers low spread currency exchange while allowing you to hold a balance in multiple currencies. This would be useful for all sorts of purposes, such as statistical arbitrage. Another important characteristic I'm looking for is ease for moving the money into securities. Furthermore, I would like to have access to the accounts with a debit card or at least that there is a local branch so wire transfers aren't international and thus less expensive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot. That's the best I've found so far for currency exchange. They still charge a $35 service fee, but I would think if a company were to offer currency exchange at next to no cost, they could more than make up for it in other areas due to having a larger client base. Oanda looks like they only do currency.

Back