• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Guide to becoming a Quant from where I am at currently? (Do I have a chance lol)

I am currently a junior at a semi-target school majoring in Finance and minoring in Stats going to intern at a BB this summer in S&T. I have a 3.5 GPA. I have become interested in pursuing a career path in quant trading and I am looking for advice on how I should pursue achieving this role within the next 5 years. If all goes well next summer I will have a job on a market-facing desk in the sales-trader role after college.

You are in good position to get started here. I'm curious if you are directed here from WSO?
Would be good to get some idea on the the roles, the skills. Plenty of reading materials for you to read while you soak up knowledge and prep.

We have some AMA with trader/quant researcher here that would give you a good pointer.
Here is one I'm a senior buy side quant researcher. AMA

Back