• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hedge Fund Vs Exchange

Hi Everyone,

I have a Quant offer from Intercontinental Exchange and a Quant Developer offer from a leading hedge fund in NY!
Which one should I go ahead with? (definitely a vast pay difference)
How would the transition be from but side Quant dev to a QR role at buy/side side?

Hi Everyone,

I have a Quant offer from Intercontinental Exchange and a Quant Developer offer from a leading hedge fund in NY!
Which one should I go ahead with? (definitely a vast pay difference)
How would the transition be from but side Quant dev to a QR role at buy/side side?
Don't ask us, we are operating with much less information than you are. Do yourself a favor and don't let someone else make this decision for you.

In regard to the transition - there are way too many asterisks in this field to give you a straight answer. If this is something that really concerns you, find someone in your network who has undergone the transition. Ask them if they have some time to walk you through the experience, and if you are willing, share some details about your offers.

Back