• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Help for choosing the summer internship

I am currently a PhD student in physics, and I got two offers for the summer internship. One is a credit risk modeling job from a major commercial bank in the US. The job duty is mainly about modeling and analytics research. Another offer come from an HFT trading firm and the job duty is research scientist.(performs trading strategy research)
To me, I understand that big bank has its advantage of its brand name and the job market of credit risk modelling is probably more stable than in an HFT trading firm. The good thing in HFT trading firm is that it is small and there is a chance to get to the core business of the firm. Both fields to me are quite new and I am willing to learn anyway. Please help me about offer choice.

Back