• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How is Bodie's Investment 9th Edition different from 8th Edition?

My course designate his 9th edition as our textbook, but I am reluctant to buy it, because I already have his 8th and the book is updated very often and not to say very expensive.

I was wondering whether Bodie's Investment 9th Edition is very different from 8th Edition and how? My big concern is that if there are major changes in chapters/sections and exercises, my course and my book might mismatch very often.

I searched on the internet last night, but couldn't find information such as table of content and exercises about the 9th edition. If I miss something, please let me know as well.

Thanks and regards!

Hello timlee

I was in a very same situation. I'd recommend you not to buy the 9th ed if you already own 8th. I had learned 7th edition and read 8th on my own and I must tell you that I couldn't find strictly ANY difference between them. Even the number of exercises are the same after each chapter. Moreover, 8th edition added one chapter over 7th but if you pay attention there is not any upgraded material in that one, simply isolation of 2 interrelated concepts chapter-after-chapter. So you are able to completely get on well with 8th edition. Even after the publication of 10th and 11th, I don't expect anything to be changed in Investment books since the previous ones are just like twins.

Back