• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How much important are the publications for a PHD to go through a quant interview

I am a new PHD and I am wondering the importance of the publications during my PHD time for obtaining quant interview opportunities and going through the interview.

Does publication only matters for CV screening and guarantee an interview?

If I am weak in publication, for example, no publication in the end (although I indeed have a publication on Journal of Applied & Computational Math before beginning my PHD), could I still get a chance of interview?

If publication is also important during the interview, and I meet an interviewer which is not in my area, how could we talk about it?

I know the answer may vary from companies to companies, from sell side to buy side. So feel free to show your point of view and thanks quite a lot for that.

Back