• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Importance of Ugrad math grades?

Hi.

I was hoping I could get some advice from those who have more insight in the field of MFE admission than me.

So I am currently a Mech.Eng, Econ, Math major(triple).
My cumulative GPA is around 3.8/4.00 from top school in Korea(30~40 in 2012 QS ranking)

What's bugging me is my ODE course grade.

Currently I have a B in Calc II and Econ Math, and A's is Calc I, Numerical Analysis, Numerical linear Analysis, Linear Algebra, Mathematical Analysis, Engineering Mathematics I,II.

I currently have the option of getting a B in ODE or just retaking the class.

Should I just spend my time and effort on other courses, or should I retake the ODE course because having flawless math grades are more important?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Currently I have a B in Calc II and Econ Math, and A's is Calc I, Numerical Analysis, Numerical linear Analysis, Linear Algebra, Mathematical Analysis, Engineering Mathematics I,II. I currently have the option of getting a B in ODE or just retaking the class.

If you have A's in all of those classes and 3.8/4.0 GPA, I wouldn't worry too much about a B in ODEs as long as you can demonstrate that you understand that material on an interview/in a classroom. I would suggest taking the B (if you know for sure that's what you can get) and moving onto taking PDEs next semester since those will be very important if you're interested in doing an MFE-type degree.

That's my 2 cents.

Back