• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is it still necessary to apply for NYU?

I just got the admission from CMU MSCF Pitts campus yesterday (no scholarship). I am wondering if it is still necessary to apply for NYU. From what I have heard, Pitts campus may not be that good to find job opportunities, although the placement statistics on the MSCF website are solid.

Since I am an international student who pay much attention to placement, please offer me some helpful advice. Thank you so much.

I just got the admission from CMU MSCF Pitts campus yesterday (no scholarship). I am wondering if it is still necessary to apply for NYU. From what I have heard, Pitts campus may not be that good to find job opportunities, although the placement statistics on the MSCF website are solid.

congrats on the admission.

pittsburgh and new york have the same opportunities and students from both campuses do equally well. not sure what information you heard, but it's pretty much flat out wrong.

Thank you Andy, but sometimes statistics are deceptive. Since CMU has two campuses, I am not sure if most placement are contributed by CMU NY campus.
That's only the CMU Career Services folks can answer. You can send them an email or call them up to ask. Or should have asked during your application to CMU.
NYU application deadline is not over yet so go ahead and apply. I just to let you know that NYU placement stat this year is not as good in quality and quantity as in years past and it has been confirmed by several people.

That's only the CMU Career Services folks can answer. You can send them an email or call them up to ask. Or should have asked during your application to CMU.
NYU application deadline is not over yet so go ahead and apply. I just to let you know that NYU placement stat this year is not as good in quality and quantity as in years past and it has been confirmed by several people.
Thanks for your advice.

Back