• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

JP Morgan Quant Research interview

Hi All,

I have 2nd round of telephonic discussion with JP Morgan Quant Research Internship for Associate position. I have fair idea about their requirements and expect this 1 hour interview to be heavily focused on Probability,Stochastic,Brain Teasers,Programming and finance (in short, every area :P)

Any help will be appreciated. Also I have entire work-exp in Java. Does anyone have idea if they will ask only C++ questions or any OOP language is fine and they are OK with just algos testing?

Thanks. Reply soon plz.

I got mine two weeks ago, and still no answer from the HR :-( !!!

took 2 weeks for me. now again they have said that its gonna 1-2 weeks after 2nd round. They have very centralized system where feedback of all candidates are posted and then evaluated, so takes time.

I had my 1st round of interview last week...i was told to wait couple of weeks for the results.

JPaul: did u hear anything from them? All the best

took 2 weeks for me. now again they have said that its gonna 1-2 weeks after 2nd round. They have very centralized system where feedback of all candidates are posted and then evaluated, so takes time.
Hey Vaibhav, how much time they took to get back to u after 2nd round? I had first round 2 weeks ago...but no response till now. Thanks for your help. njy

I don't know C++ and I have my first round tomorrow. Is that all right? What level of probability and stocastic questions should I expect? Is current market knowledge questioned?

Hi All,

I have 2nd round of telephonic discussion with JP Morgan Quant Research Internship for Associate position. I have fair idea about their requirements and expect this 1 hour interview to be heavily focused on Probability,Stochastic,Brain Teasers,Programming and finance (in short, every area :P)

Any help will be appreciated. Also I have entire work-exp in Java. Does anyone have idea if they will ask only C++ questions or any OOP language is fine and they are OK with just algos testing?

Thanks. Reply soon plz.

Hi Vaibhav, I received the phone interview for this year. What should I expect for the first round phone interview?

Thanks!

Hey Vaibhav, how much time they took to get back to u after 2nd round? I had first round 2 weeks ago...but no response till now. Thanks for your help. njy

hi science, can you give me some suggestions on the first round phone interview? I will have one next week.

Hi All,

Thanks. Reply soon plz.

Can you share your experience of 2nd interview?

Hi,

I have the first round of telephone interview due. Can anyone help me on what to prepare? As Viabhav said, it seems like they want to question everything. I want to narrow down my preparation. I have a week to the interview so any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Back