• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

materials to read to prepare for the courses post level 2

OK guys, so I have completed the first 2 levels (watch all videos, done all homeworks, done quizzes)
my intention is to get the certificate by may and hence I will enrol in the course by late January the latest

the reason I havent enrolled yet is that I am very busy with working full time plus other commitments outside work. I am totally new to programming (finance degree) as well so I am not sure I can complete the course in 4 months

My plan is to get as much knowledge about c++ as I can between now and the time I enrol to prepare for level 3 and beyond.

Any suggestion on reading materials or exercises I can do ? what is the most difficult concepts in the next 7 levels that I need to understand ? suggestions for any books maybe ?

thank you

@Daniel Duffy @APalley Hi Professor.Hi AP. I have just started the C++ program. I want a textbook to refer apart from the course materials. I have seen c++ primer plus being suggested on recommended readings. But after some research online I'm confused which book to go for. Too much criticism of primer plus. I am a beginner. Kindly suggest me the best book. Thank you

In principle you don't need a book for the C part (it's a few modules). But Kernighan and Ritchie is a standard syntax.
Other books might be OK but might be confusing.

If you follow the slides carefully and do the exercises then it goes a long way.

Back