• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT mfin

Hello,

For applicants to the master in finance to the MIT, did you get the same question:

- Why investment banking ?

Yeah. My question was an extremely out-of-the-box question... I would never have thought of that. Probably yours was exactly like mine haha

You felt like answering well?

Yeah. My question was an extremely out-of-the-box question... I would never have thought of that. Probably yours was exactly like mine haha

You felt like answering well?

Yeah maybe we got the same one! But yeah I think it was alright, I kind of just answered it like a TOEFL question haha.

What do you guys think about these super general/personal questions?
I mean, how are they not inviting someone for an interview based on a extremely personal answer??

My question for example had no 'right' answer ...
(I guess)

What do you guys think about these super general/personal questions?
I mean, how are they not inviting someone for an interview based on a extremely personal answer??

My question for example had no 'right' answer ...
(I guess)

It's not about having the "right" answer. It's about showing how you're able to think and communicate. Just like TOEFL speaking, tbh. It's not really about the answer per se, it's about your "performance".

I got a question of "What are the personalities/characteristics of other people that you dislike." I think we should share our video response with each other for feedback/getting to know each other beforehand, since I'm sure some of us would end up being classmates for next Fall.

They say invitations are usually sent from late to late february.. Guess they'll start to send them this week maybe?

The Interview in Singapore is the earliest one.. I guess...

I am waiting for the invitation mail, since I chose Singapore for my interview. :cry::cry:

Doesn't look good to my prospect, although they claimed on their admission blog that today is just the beginning...:p

Well, I think we should stay hopeful at least for now. According to their website, they will start sending out invitation on January 23rd, which means they have not even started sending out invitations... I wish you guys the best of luck!!!

@Rafael F and @Janday You guys all read this? MIT Sloan School of Management. My guess is someone already got invited, but since I submitted my online application on January 5th and the video on January 13th, my application might not have been reviewed till now...We will see.

Yes, I do! Theoretically, from next week on some people will start to be interviewed. I don't know what to expect though.. The great majority of applicants is extremely good, so its hard to say if you're in this group of extremely good ppl or not

Back