• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Imperial MathFin Msc Mathematics and finance Imperial for S&T jobs?

Hello everyone,

I would like to have your opinion about this Msc and the opportunities he might offer for S&T roles (in structuring for instance). I know that it is more oriented towards more quantitative jobs and IB, but is it also recognised in S&T areas?

For example, how would it be considered in relation to the Msc in Finance from Imperial? I've seen somewhere else in this forum that recruters don't make a large difference, which is astonishing while the courses are quite different and there's by far fewer mathematical stuff in this latter.

So please, could someone having attended one of these courses provide me another look on this?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, before you ask me my background, I'm currently in a French top 5 Engineering School (in Applied Maths, Computer Science and Signal Processing) after two years of "Classes Préparatoires" (sorry for the absence of translation, I don't think there's an equivalent in the US/UK, that's a very intense coursework with a major in Maths and a minor in Physics).

Hello everyone,

I would like to have your opinion about this Msc and the opportunities he might offer for S&T roles (in structuring for instance). I know that it is more oriented towards more quantitative jobs and IB, but is it also recognised in S&T areas?

For example, how would it be considered in relation to the Msc in Finance from Imperial? I've seen somewhere else in this forum that recruters don't make a large difference, which is astonishing while the courses are quite different and there's by far fewer mathematical stuff in this latter.

So please, could someone having attended one of these courses provide me another look on this?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, before you ask me my background, I'm currently in a French top 5 Engineering School (in Applied Maths, Computer Science and Signal Processing) after two years of "Classes Préparatoires" (sorry for the absence of translation, I don't think there's an equivalent in the US/UK, that's a very intense coursework with a major in Maths and a minor in Physics).

from what I've read on wallfinance.com the profile sought for structuring positions, at least in france, is a quantitative one.
Based on that you'd be better off with a mathematical finance degree (etc . . .)
Look for placement data, where graduates from that program end up, the kind of internship or position they get, it always helps.

It may not be common but look for people who are in structuring on LinkedIN or Viadeo, maybe send them your message.

Back