• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rutgers MQF Not hearing from Rutgers MQF

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone else applied for Rutgers MQF but has not hear anything yet.
I submitted my application on the day before the deadline (on Feb. 28), and haven't heard from them yet. Right after submission I emailed the admissions office asking for a TOEFL waiver and that was replied and solved fast, like within a week. Later when I was checking my app status I noticed they changed their system. So I emailed again and was told my application was complete but status hasn't been updated due to the new system, and that was toward the end of March.
Now we are in the second half of April but I still haven't heard anything from them. Earlier this month I wrote another email just saying how much I would like to go to the MQF program and explained a little more why I fit. Still, nothing came back.
Is anyone in similar situations? Also, do you guys think there's anything else I could do to increase my chance?
Thanks!

Hello,
I'm too in the same boat !
Applied on Feb. 27th.
After they migrated to new system, I could not see any update/status of my application.
I had called their graduate office last week <Apr. 12th>(I got to know that my GRE score was missing, after sorting that out), they replied me <on Apr. 14th> saying that my application will be reviewed shortly.

I guess it is better to call them and get the update directly. <I had been mailing them for 2 weeks with no reply, finally I called them>

Thanks

Hello,
I'm too in the same boat !
Applied on Feb. 27th.
After they migrated to new system, I could not see any update/status of my application.
I had called their graduate office last week <Apr. 12th>(I got to know that my GRE score was missing, after sorting that out), they replied me <on Apr. 14th> saying that my application will be reviewed shortly.

I guess it is better to call them and get the update directly. <I had been mailing them for 2 weeks with no reply, finally I called them>

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I'll call tomorrow to see. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the info, I'll call tomorrow to see. Good luck to you!
Hi! Yeah I would say call them as well. They are in process of transitioning into a new system, and lots of us used the old system to apply - so the application may look incomplete to them! Even though it is complete.

Also, email the director, or Mr. Chin, or all and ask to talk to Mr. Chin. These should help.

Good luck!

Hi! Yeah I would say call them as well. They are in process of transitioning into a new system, and lots of us used the old system to apply - so the application may look incomplete to them! Even though it is complete.

Also, email the director, or Mr. Chin, or all and ask to talk to Mr. Chin. These should help.

Good luck!
@Yunrui Li Could you please provide the e-mail of Mr.Chin. I couldn't find it in Rutgers page.
Thanks

Back