• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PhD or MFE in Singapore NTU?

Dear all,

I am currently an undergraduate, major in Mathematics and Economics, in NTU, Singapore. I am very interested in becoming a quant!

Just a little background, I am able to skip my master level and pursue a PhD in NTU. I am stuck between two choices because NTU has one of the most famous MFE program in Asia (I can't really afford going overseas and hence, only consider universities in Asia) which would most probably provide a lot of networkings while PhD in Mathematical Finance would provide me a solid academic background necessary for quant.

I have strong passion in pursuing a PhD but I am afraid that PhD fresh graduate with zero working experience might not be able to get a good quant job in Singapore. Also, PhD is really a life choice (4 years), I am not sure whether pursuing a PhD straight after undergraduate without any working experience is a good choice. Is there any quant in Singapore who can provide me any suggestion regarding this?

Thank you so much! :)

Back