• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Princeton MFin vs Berkeley MFE vs Columbia MFE vs Stanford CME vs Uchicago FinMath (60% scholarship)

Which program should I go for?

• Princeton MFin

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Berkeley MFE

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Stanford CME

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Columbia MFE

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Chicago FinMath

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
Worth noting that I have actually applied to the Data Science track for the Stanford CME course (also has a computational finance track). Which program should I go for? Would really appreciate some input from any alumni because I'm really struggling to pick. Thanks!

I think you should maybe share more about your background, career aspirations, and also if money is a factor in your decision, so people will be able to help you better, even though it looks like Princeton is a clear winner here anyways :). Congrats!

I think you should maybe share more about your background, career aspirations, and also if money is a factor in your decision, so people will be able to help you better, even though it looks like Princeton is a clear winner here anyways :). Congrats!
Yeah fair enough! I have a MechEng background and have worked in FinTech for a few years. I like to develop models and work with data, and would like to be either a ML engineer/ data scientist in tech or a quant trader in the buy-side. Money is obviously part of the decision, but I can afford all of the programs.

Back