• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation Needed

Hi

I need someone to look over my profile and give me an idea of the realistic colleges I can apply to for an MFE programme. I am working full time in London so my ideal choice is either the part time courses at LSE (preferably this due to the uni name) or Cass, but for better chances of a job I am also considering full time programmes at top US colleges like CMU.

Education: 1st Class Honours Computer Science Glasgow University. Did some introductory Multivariable calculus and a final year Machine Learning module at university, these were the only statistics heavy courses I took.
Work: 2 years on the IT graduate programme of a major IB in London, working as a developer on low latency server side systems pricing vanilla interest rate swaps and bond options using core Java/SQL. I know a bit of KDB, MATLAB and functional programming and did C/C++ at university.
GMAT: 720

My main motivation for a MFE degree is to move into a quant analyst role, at the moment I work along side quants but don't get to build any core pricing models, and that is what interests me. Any advice on what colleges are realistic for me and what I can do to strengthen my application would be much appreciated.

Regards

Back