• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Question about C++ Course

Hello, I have a question.

I don't have any background relating to computer programming such as C++ or Java. Is there anything that I should learn before taking this course? Or, is this course fine for anybody who's new to this world?

Hello, I have a question.

I don't have any background relating to computer programming such as C++ or Java. Is there anything that I should learn before taking this course? Or, is this course fine for anybody who's new to this world?
The course is fine for anybody new to the world of programming, so long as they are willing to put in the necessary time and effort.

Like you, I had no background in programming whatsoever when I began this course. A word of advice: make sure that you are available to dedicate a ton of time in the beginning. I made the mistake of starting the program while moving and with a heavy load of summer school courses, expecting the Level 1 material to be easy and to breeze through it. I'm sure the material is easy for most people, but I found it was a large hump to get over myself, and it took much longer than I expected. So, when you decide to enroll, you should be prepared to spend a lot of time in the beginning so you don't get caught trying to play catch-up near the end, like myself.

Back