• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Question regarding recommendation.

babinu

XYZ
Hi,

I have a question . Baruch asks for 3 letters of recommendation, but there is an option to enter 4 .
I am very clear of the first 3 recommenders but have a question regarding the fourth one. I have a math prof, who is familiar with my olympiad achievements because he was a regional coordinator for the same. He is very much able to attest my success in the olympiad, as he has seen a large number of students appearing for it every year. However, I have not worked with him and if he writes a recommendation for me, he may have to answer many questions as uncertain though he can write an attestation and clear statement regarding my math olympiad achievements.

What do you guys say ? Should I include him as the 4th recommender or not ?

thanks
Babinu

one issue would be him comparing you with the other candidates - it might put you in a lower bracket. otherwise, it seems he would have interesting things to say about you.

your call, as only 3 letters are required.

good luck.

Back