• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Research topics for empirical study?

Hi all,
Anyone has some interesting research topics on mind for an empirical study?
I am an undergrad senior...and I'm trying to find some interesting research topics to persuade my professor into supervising my project (that way I might feel more prepared for a master program in quant finance)...he mentioned that he would be more interested in some empirical study and something related to option pricing might be good..I had some preliminary knowledge on option pricing models: B-S and Merton's jump diffusion model...so maybe I can do some study on stochastic volatility models with jumps? But I noticed that there are already abundant literatures that test these models...so it's hard to come up with something new to extend the study in these topics...any other ideas? Also, I am quite curious what kind of pricing models are most commonly used in the industry? Thanks.

Back