• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should I do a Tandon Bridge program?

So I have 4.5 years of work experience (plus two years of military service, which makes me two years older than others with 4.5 years of experience) and am currently in a UK MSc in Economics(at a top place), which dealt with such math as :

linear algebra, difference and differential equations, concavity/quasiconcavity, Hessians and the Enveolope theorem, and the law of iterated expectations, and advanced econometrics.

I think I enjoy the math more than the economics (which is surprising because in college it was the opposite). I'm looking to move into either an MBA program (preferably top 10 in the US or INSEAD/IMD) or move into computer science altogether; but the latter can only be achieved through a post-bacc of sorts.

My question is if I finish Tandon's online program, and then apply for an ordinary masters or an online masters at least(such as from Georgia Tech), will I be able to become a full-fledged computer programmer/engineer, while also having my half-decade experience in economic research being translated in terms of seniority in any tech company? I'm looking for salaries that would be analogous to what a good MBA earns after graduation.

My background at the risk of being outed :

Ivy league bachelor's degree in economics with almost a major's worth of philosophy
Worked for a economic research institution as an assistant and policy analyst of sorts

My second question is : am I qualified for the likes of cash-cow MA programs in statistics?

If this is all a pipe-dream then that's that.

Last edited:
You don't need to have a Science background to get into seniority position in a tech firm if that is the end goal. Top level MBA is the order of the day where you can plug into leadership position and autopilot your career. Philosophy>Economics> CS is not going to get you anywhere rather dilute any competitive advantage you got. PhD in Economics could be a sensible option if you have the gravitas for maths which can quench any modelling appetite.

So I have 4.5 years of work experience (plus two years of military service, which makes me two years older than others with 4.5 years of experience) and am currently in a UK MSc in Economics(at a top place), which dealt with such math as :

linear algebra, difference and differential equations, concavity/quasiconcavity, Hessians and the Enveolope theorem, and the law of iterated expectations, and advanced econometrics.

I think I enjoy the math more than the economics (which is surprising because in college it was the opposite). I'm looking to move into either an MBA program (preferably top 10 in the US or INSEAD/IMD) or move into computer science altogether; but the latter can only be achieved through a post-bacc of sorts.

My question is if I finish Tandon's online program, and then apply for an ordinary masters or an online masters at least(such as from Georgia Tech), will I be able to become a full-fledged computer programmer/engineer, while also having my half-decade experience in economic research being translated in terms of seniority in any tech company? I'm looking for salaries that would be analogous to what a good MBA earns after graduation.

My background at the risk of being outed :

Ivy league bachelor's degree in economics with almost a major's worth of philosophy
Worked for a economic research institution as an assistant and policy analyst of sorts

My second question is : am I qualified for the likes of cash-cow MA programs in statistics?

If this is all a pipe-dream then that's that.

Last edited:
Back