• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should I retake the GRE?

Hi everyone,

I just took the GRE this morning. I got a 166 on the quantitative and a 157 on the verbal. I do not know my writing score yet, but I am confident I did well. I am a little disappointed in my quantitative and verbal scores since I had been getting 169-170 on quantitative and 160-162 on verbal in practice tests. Do you think it is worth retaking in another 30 days? In general, how big of a difference does it make to score 4 points better or worse on the quantitative and verbal sections?

Thanks for your help!

If I were you I wouldn't retake it :) 157 isn't a bad score and you can save some time to prepare for interviews.

Back