• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Sincere consultation on career development advice: should I transfer from Senior Software Engineer to quantitative developer? and How?

From 2016 to 2017, I obtained a second Master's degree in computer science in the United States. Then I worked in different companies in the United States in traditional industries (logistics, property management, government software) with titles such as .NET Developer, Senior software developer, etc.
In my spare time, I have been engaged in value investing (since 2017, the annualized return is about 18%) and manual index options trading (the annualized return is about 18% since 2020). I have a strong interest in investment, trading, financial freedom, making money, etc.
Therefore, I participated in the Executive Program in Algorithmic Trading (EPAT) project using my spare time and my studies are in progress. This project can provide practical and professional knowledge required for professional and practical quantification. However, its acceptance in the American job market appears to be limited. So far, the positions offered by their placement team are mainly in Europe, Singapore, India, etc., instead of the United States.

Some data points
The portfolio I am managing is around $0.7M per the market value.
My annual income is around $120k to $155k depending on the market's supply and demand.
For the long term, I prefer to start my own investment/trading firm as a business, a job experience can be good training for myself, accumulation of the initial funds, and a good opportunity to know more professional friends and potential partners.

My question
1 If I prefer to get a full-time position as a quant developer in a US workplace, what is the expected range of the initial salary package?
2. What will a long-term career look like?
3 Do I need an extra MFE degree if I want to get a quant developer position in a well-known company? For example Two Sigma, citadel, etc.(have to quit the job to pursue an MFE degree)

Thanks

Sorry I don't have an answer. But I am curious. do you think the EPAT is really worth it. I am considering it but it's a significant investment of time and money, and I am not really sure whether its gonna help me get a job or not. Do you have an opinion about that.

Sorry I don't have an answer. But I am curious. do you think the EPAT is really worth it. I am considering it but it's a significant investment of time and money, and I am not really sure whether its gonna help me get a job or not. Do you have an opinion about that.
I hope this article helps: 2023 量化在线学习项目深度对比:WorldQuant University (WQU), Certificate of Finance (CQF) 和 Executive Program in Algorithmic Trading (EPAT) - QianBuFan
Translate it using the Google Translator plugin

Back