• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stevens MFE or Illinois Inst. of Tech MMF?

Hey guys! So currently I cannot decide whether I should attend the MFE program of Stevens or the MMF program of IIT. My background is not in finance, however I want to pursue a career in inv. banking in the US and I hope my graduate studies will provide most of the necessary knowledge. New York seems the perfect place to start so I suppose Stevens is my best shot, but I wanted the experts advice first!

The job pie is bigger in NY but the competition much thicker and Stevens is on the lowest of the ladder whereas IIT does hold some cachet in the Chicago market even if the Job pie is smaller. Perfect place is irrelevant if you don't have a shot at it on the onset.

Back