• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stochastic process or Numerical Linear algebra? Need HELP

hello, I am a junior right now. Next semester, I have the choice of taking one of the course above. Do you suggest which one should I take? Thanks in advance !

By the way, the Stochastic process is offered by Stat department without measure theory, not a proof-based course.

what kind of job/ profession are u looking for? num lin alg is useful to know but i guess you can just read some book, while stoch proc is mandatory to know if u want to be a quant or work with random variables in time. definitely u should know lin algebra, but numerical lin alg is very specific. i think numerical methods in general is more important

what kind of job/ profession are u looking for? num lin alg is useful to know but i guess you can just read some book, while stoch proc is mandatory to know if u want to be a quant or work with random variables in time. definitely u should know lin algebra, but numerical lin alg is very specific. i think numerical methods in general is more important
Thx ! I am still in college, and was thinking which course will be better for get an admission from MFE

Back