• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Tandon MFE vs Columbia Math Fin vs Chicago MSFM

Tandon MFE vs Columbia Math Fin vs Chicago MSFM?

• NYU Tandon MFE

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Columbia MathFin

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Chicago MSFM

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
I have been admitted to the above 3 programs. I have read some comments about the programs in the forum but am unable to decide. It would be really helpful if you guys could vote and provide your insight about the rating.

My current preferences are Chicago>Columbia>NYU

Thanks all in advance!

I can only tell you the Pros and Cons of Columbia mathfin:

Columbia Mathfin:
Cons:
1) Expensive course.
2) No career services.
3) Their Coursework is theoretical and is tough as well.
4) Columbia already has programs like MFE, MSOR, MA stats so tough competition there as well.

Pros:
1) Columbia brand name will help in getting interviews.
2) MAFN is also well reputed program with very strong Alumni base.
3) Location is important factor for networking opportunities.
4) If you have strong math background or relevant work ex i think you can learn a lot from their math and stats courses.

Smaller class size at Chicago, no other competing courses like MSOR and MFE and in regards to location, Chicago is the only competitive university in the region.

Back