• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

trading exp looking for ms stats

MS stats vs MFE

• Total voters
hi
I have 5 yr of exp in IT and 2 yr of exp in Quant trading (front office). I am already a master degree holder in CS but not from top college. I have also done CFA l-2 and FRM l-1. but I want to earn a masters degree in finance or stats which can help me in getting a job in top trading companies. I have very less maths and stats background.
I am targeting top 10 uni's for Stats.
so can anyone please comment on my admission chances and career path stats vs MFE for me.

I think no one in this community is ready to help others rather just dicussing there b****y shit things..

MFE is not MSF. You work with people in trading, what qualifications do they have? The traders I work with in front-office all don't have MFE. You sure these 2 courses will land you your dream job?

I think no one in this community is ready to help others rather just dicussing there b****y shit things..

Many people are probably going to pass on helping after your message. Patience is a virtue. People here are more than willing to help. If they don't answer it is because: they don't have anything helpful to say, they haven't gotten to it yet, they feel the poster is not putting in the effort/doing the research or the poster is disrespectful.

As for myself, I can't help yet, but it seems to me you should be networking if you have a CS degree and the experience, rather than going for another degree.

MFE is not MSF. You work with people in trading, what qualifications do they have? The traders I work with in front-office all don't have MFE. You sure these 2 courses will land you your dream job?
I work in quant trading company and most of the people have Phd's or Masters in Maths and Stats, but Maths is not my cup of tea i know that so i prefer MFE or MS Stats and Stats is my preference, So please let me know if I am eligible for stats degree in top US university. do they consider people with exp but not have much coursework in stats.

As for myself, I can't help yet, but it seems to me you should be networking if you have a CS degree and the experience, rather than going for another degree.
I tried for some Trading firm but they are also looking for degree from top uni's along with exp.

Back