• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Interview

Hey Guys, I just got an interview invite. Completely unaware of the interview timing. I have very less time to prepare. The interview is on 26th April. Any resources on how the questions would be like would be very very helpful !

Hey Guys, I just got an interview invite. Completely unaware of the interview timing. I have very less time to prepare. The interview is on 26th April. Any resources on how the questions would be like would be very very helpful !
Hi,
Congrats on the interview. First interview is a mix of technical and resume based. The technical part is kind of customized to your background, so basically be prepared to talk about whats on your resume and important subjects you studied through your major and etc. For example, I majored in statistics and finance, I got asked quite a bit of Stats/R and finance questions.

That is a guess, but that is what I found from others prior to interviewing. Good luck!

Hi,
Congrats on the interview. First interview is a mix of technical and resume based. The technical part is kind of customized to your background, so basically be prepared to talk about whats on your resume and important subjects you studied through your major and etc. For example, I majored in statistics and finance, I got asked quite a bit of Stats/R and finance questions.

That is a guess, but that is what I found from others prior to interviewing. Good luck!
Thanks, Could you discuss some of your questions that were asked ? Were they tough ? I am from chemical engineering background and currently working in Risk Management.

Thanks, Could you discuss some of your questions that were asked ? Were they tough ? I am from chemical engineering background and currently working in Risk Management.

Hey congrats! I think the technical questions were generally based on your resume. They are mostly interested in data and programming skills. I wrote Java and C++ in resume, so the interviewer asked about my proficiency and then proceeded with questions about inheritance in Java and components of hash tables in C++. I would say it really depends on your background. You should make sure you know the things that are listed on your resume and you will be fine! I actually missed one question because I didn't expect these many data questions but I still passed.

Good luck!!

Hey congrats! I think the technical questions were generally based on your resume. They are mostly interested in data and programming skills. I wrote Java and C++ in resume, so the interviewer asked about my proficiency and then proceeded with questions about inheritance in Java and components of hash tables in C++. I would say it really depends on your background. You should make sure you know the things that are listed on your resume and you will be fine! I actually missed one question because I didn't expect these many data questions but I still passed.

Good luck!!
Thanks for the tip! It was really helpful. Did they tell you when you could expect a reply ?

Thanks for the tip! It was really helpful. Did they tell you when you could expect a reply ?
At the end of the interview, the interviewer said he will recommend me to the mfe office. I don't know if all interviewers do that though. I waited for three weeks until Linda directly called me without any prior notice.

Are the admits for Round-2 out? I saw two people who got the admit on the tracker. Could you tell us what would second interview be like ?

Back