• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

unc charlotte advice and tips

hello everyone.. I'm new here and just want some tips and advice to get the most out of my time at unc charlotte. I was recently admitted to their MMF program which is ranked top 20 in the nation and I'm going to go.

Some background: I'm an industrial engineer undergraduate (graduating may 2017) at Florida State University but I never liked IE or engineering in general. I was always interested in finance but decided to go for engineering as my BS because of my family and because I'm naturally good at math so it was pretty easy. This is why I chose to go for an MMF, although I dont want to get a job as a quant or developer, I just want to become a risk analyst and work my way up from there.

Now that Im going to UNC Charlotte, I need some tips for anyone who studies there or just tips in general of how getting the best out of studying and living in Charlotte. How to network with people from banks around school and how to get a top job after graduating.

Also, I want to get prepared before class starts. Do you think I should practice any programming language? or just math/finance? I'm not that skilled at programming so if there is anything I should practice let me know.

Gre: 158Q 150V. And gpa:3.4 Industrial engineer with 3 internships and executive board of 3 different organizations as undergrad.

Also I just got offered graduate assistantship a few days ago

Back