• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UT MMF V.S. Waterloo MQF

UT MMF V.S. Waterloo MQF

• MMF

• MQF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got admitted into both programs. It is kind of hard to find up-to-date discussions about these two.
I wondering if there are any insights about the programs and how to choose between them here.

Thanks all in advance!

I would recommend UT MMF. Since you are going to finance industry, so Toronto would make you more contact with the environment. The living expense in Toronto is much higher than Waterloo. If the price is not what you concern, then UT MMF would be better.

I would recommend UT MMF. Since you are going to finance industry, so Toronto would make you more contact with the environment. The living expense in Toronto is much higher than Waterloo. If the price is not what you concern, then UT MMF would be better.

Thank you for the insights. I thought so. Location is definitely important.

I have seen bad reviews for these two program in the forum. Just worried if the outcome is not as good as what has been advertised.

Thank you for the insights. I thought so. Location is definitely important.

I have seen bad reviews for these two program in the forum. Just worried if the outcome is not as good as what has been advertised.

They are all good programs. But you know, the finance industry in Canada is definitely much smaller than the US. There is not much large hedge funds in Canada. Location means much more in Canada. Entry-level finance job opportunities are very limited in Canada.

Are you able to go visit both programs, go sit in the classroom and talk to students, faculty? Usually you will come to a clear decision quickly.
A trip would be a good investment instead of picking blindly and got stuck with a program that you regret many years later.

Thank you Andy :)
I can't since I am not close to Waterloo/Toronto. But I did talk to graduates from both programs.

If I got both, I think I'll prefer UofT for its brand name and more applied curriculum. However, I was rejected by MMF and now I'm hesitating between MQF and Chicago MSFM. I'd be really grateful if I can hear from some of your thoughts. Thanks!

If I got both, I think I'll prefer UofT for its brand name and more applied curriculum. However, I was rejected by MMF and now I'm hesitating between MQF and Chicago MSFM. I'd be really grateful if I can hear from some of your thoughts. Thanks!

Yes I have heard MQF is REALLY theoretical compared to many other similar programs. If you intend for further study in the field MQF is a good option.

If I were you I would go with Chicago simply as Chicago is a financial hub.

Welcome to join the Wechat group for students admitted to MMF 2018

Attachments

• 1.pic.jpg
    1.pic.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 96
Back