• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Weak programming

Hi,

May I obtain your thoughts on my situation - I successfully completed MQF in Australia. I was proficient in R, Matlab and VBA at the time. The was one C++ subject but other than that, that is my sole exposure to C++.

I realise this is a weakness in going for QR roles and would like to breach this gap in knowledge.

I currently work full time in London so was looking into various options.

I feel like going back to do a Msc Comp Sci could be overkill ( I'm 30 and can only complete it part time).

I have also looked at CQF, but feel most of the content I've covered in my Masters and wouldn't advance me much in programming.

The final thing was short courses e.g. One on QN, but am unsure how the industry looks upon this - I don't have a "certificate" for my efforts. I was looking at trying to produce and share any C++ projects I have online to develop a portfolio.

Given my circumstances what are people's thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Last edited:
Back