• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What's the prerequisites for online C++ programing ?

Hi, everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am interested in the online C++ programing provided by Baruch, but I don't know if there is any prerequisites for it, like math courses, programming skill, since the program syllabus mentioned Monte Carle simulator, finite difference methods and so on.

Hi, everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am interested in the online C++ programing provided by Baruch, but I don't know if there is any prerequisites for it, like math courses, programming skill, since the program syllabus mentioned Monte Carle simulator, finite difference methods and so on.

I don't think there are any specific requirements for this course. In the first 8 levels the math doesn't go beyond high school math. As for computer programming, if you have some experience it will make the course a lot easier but it is possible to succeed without any prior experience.

In the final assignment level you are given an introduction to the applications of C++ in financial engineering - when I took this course I had no knowledge of mathematical/computational finance but with the information in the lectures/notes/some additional research I managed to do well in this level, so my personal experience is that you do not need to know stuff like Monte Carlo!!

I don't think there are any specific requirements for this course. In the first 8 levels the math doesn't go beyond high school math. As for computer programming, if you have some experience it will make the course a lot easier but it is possible to succeed without any prior experience.

In the final assignment level you are given an introduction to the applications of C++ in financial engineering - when I took this course I had no knowledge of mathematical/computational finance but with the information in the lectures/notes/some additional research I managed to do well in this level, so my personal experience is that you do not need to know stuff like Monte Carlo!!
Thank you for these useful information.
I had C/C+ several years ago, mostly I works with Matllab. People graduated from MFE told me matlab is not enough as a quant.
Monte Carlo stimulation applied in finance engineering (in math course) was on my 'going to take' course list, but unfortunately, my college cancelled the course this semester. That is the reason I am a little nervous about math prerequisites.

Back