• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Will I have time to play video games?

Playing video games makes you relax and your study more efficient( since you will have enough rest when playing) as long as your time management is good. And try to play games that would annoy you as less as possible unless you want a bad mood all day.

Playing video games makes you relax and your study more efficient( since you will have enough rest when playing) as long as your time management is good. And try to play games that would annoy you as less as possible unless you want a bad mood all day.
That's a big assumption. Why not do tai-chai or yoga?
Playing video games all day is bad for the blood circulation.

What's the added-value of video games?

The best way to relax is C++. :D

Last edited:

Ohhhh, that is new. For me C++ is the best way to want to destroy my computer with a baseball bat. But I guess to each it's own. Lol

Doing yoga and Tai-Chi is indeed a good way for those who are really into them to relax, as well as C++;)

But sometimes people just don't do everything for adding value to their life. If for someone playing video games could boost his/her mood the best at the moment and do not waste too much time, it is completely fine for him/her to play then.

Programming also requires us to sit for a long time,but we can stand up and walk around after one hour or two for the blood circulation, which also works for playing video games.

What about something communal like playing baseball? a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Yes, a sport is best.

Personally I love to do cycling on the weekends. Nothing clears the mind as much as a 100 mile ride.

Back